Denese Gets Cooking - Red Velvet Cupcakes
dōTERRA delicious // Red Velvet Cupcakes
You will need: Makes approx. 12
- 260g beetroot, grated raw with (peel off skin)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 drop dōTERRA Cinnamon essential oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 150g almond meal
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 Tbls your choice (macadamia oil, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil) or melted butter or ghee
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda or baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 160 C.
- Combine raw beetroot, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon essential oil, almond meal, cacao, honey, oil and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Using your hands mix ingredients together until combined then add the raspberries.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined cupcake or small muffin tins.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tin.
- Serve alone or topped with your desired flavoured frosting (coconut or Greek yoghurt, cream cheese or vanilla icing)