Denese Gets Cooking - Vegan Mac and Cheese
VEGAN MAC & CHEESE
- 500g macaroni shell pasta
- 1 brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30g macadamia oil
- 150g raw cashews
- 350g vegetable stock
- 2.5 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 80g frozen corn
- 80g frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions on stove.
- Dice onion and garlic.
- Add oil, onion and garlic to heavy based pan, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, cashews, stock, cornflour, cumin, chilli, yeast flakes and salt, to food processor and blend for 40 seconds or until smooth.
- Return mix to pan and add frozen vegetables, stir through.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, pour over cheesy cashew sauce from pan and fold through.
Enjoy vegan cheesy heaven!
Variation: Use gluten free pasta to make this recipe gluten free.